Be better, stronger, faster in the next race.
All participants will receive a workout plan with ChiRunning practices.
The ChiWalking™ and ChiRunning™ techniques apply principles from Tai Chi to distance running and walking promoting energy efficiency and injury prevention. How you run/walk dictates how stress goes through your body.
– reduce stress on your body and require less effort when walking or running
– are essential components to restore or sustain your running/walking practice
Our clinic will cover:
Tai essential movements
– Posture, arm swing, ankle lift and moving from your Center
– How to run without using your legs for propulsion
Practicing the key steps of ChiWalking/ ChiRunning
– Matching breath with cadence relative to exertion level
– How to master pelvic rotation
– How to breathe more efficiently
– Use of Y’chi
– Adapting your technique for uphills and downhills
– How to structure a variety of weekly runs using ChiRunning principles
– How to do Race-specific training for better performance.
The clinic consists of experiential discussion, demonstration and technical running/walking making it perfect for individuals of all conditioning and experience levels.